Issue No. 0052
Steven Harrington lives and works in Los Angeles, CA. Aside from owning and operating National Forest Design with fellow artist Justin Krietemeyer, he still finds time to work on both commissioned and self-inspired art projects of his own.
Influenced by images discovered in Time Life Encyclopedias 1965-1982, thrift stores and Bill Withers, his art might be termed contextual objectivism. He views each piece he creates as a tangible object that is part and parcel of a larger context; the object helps define the context and the context helps define the object. Whatever feel or meaning the observer takes away from the piece belongs to the observer. Nothing is shoved down his or her throat. Discovery is the key.
He has exhibited work in Los Angeles, New York, Dallas, San Francisco, Chicago, Philadelphia, Montreal, Tokyo, Melbourne, Barcelona, Paris, Milan, and Berlin.
Mark Owens (excerpt)
Issue photography by:
Steven Harrington & John Carlos Harrington
- 7.5 x 10 In. (19.5 x 25.4 cm)
- 96 pages with spot varnish covers
- Four color offset printed, perfect bound
- Hand packaged & numbered ltd. edition of 1000
- One Feather Bookmark
- One Steven Harrington Scarf
- Designed specifically for this issue edition
- Scarf is wrapped around issue edition
- Produced with generous support from Sixpack France
- Related Item: Arkitip + Steven Harrington + Sixpack France Tee
- Related Item: Steven Harrington Laptop Sleeve
- Related Item: Steven Harrington iPhone Slider